Meet Microscope: Team Edition - Dr. Rick Kunnes
RICHARD KUNNES, MD - Managing Principal of Margin Solutions
Rick brings over 35 years of experience in the healthcare industry helping hospitals and health systems on an enterprise-wide basis. He has worked as a Partner at a “Big Four” accounting/consulting firm, as a Managing Principal at one of the largest accounting/consulting firms in the Midwest, as a Chief Medical Officer at a 50 hospital/health system and as a Founder/CEO of a hospital consulting firm serving hospitals in 33 states.
SOME FUN FACTS ABOUT RICK
- He lives in Sykesville, MD, in the middle of the woods...the trees routinely knock out his electricity.
- His favorite hobby is kayaking on the lake 150 feet from his home.
- Interesting fact about Rick: He writes screenplays under a different name
- Favorite food: Pasta with pesto (a lot)
- Favorite celebrity/band : Pink Floyd (Dark Side of the Moon)
As the leader of Microscope’s Margin Solutions, Rick works with hospitals to utilize a unique and patented approach to address hospitals’ needs for bottom-line enhancements by substantially increasing their savings, revenues and collections on a customized basis for each hospital/system. These bottom-line improvements facilitate cost-effectiveness and cost-efficiency, all without layoffs.
He is a member of the American Society of Addiction Medicine, Physicians Without Borders and the Sierra Club.
Rick was educated and trained at Johns Hopkins and Columbia Universities.
Learn more about Rick and Margin Solutions...