Ellie is a CPA/Attorney and is certified in the National Incident Management System (NIMS) through FEMA. Her unique background and education gives her the ability to assist in the review and implementation of Emergency Operation Plans.
As the leader of Microscope’s Emergency Preparedness Compliance Services, Ellie has trained hundreds of healthcare employees in Emergency Preparedness procedures and exercises. She works with organizations to:
- Review healthcare provider’s Emergency Operations Plan for compliance with CMS Emergency Preparedness Regulatory Requirements
- Create Emergency Communication Plans for dealing with staff, families and first responders
- Conduct Emergency Training and Testing
- Assist healthcare providers and conduct annual Emergency Preparedness Training for administrators, staff, volunteers and new employees
- Coordinate/facilitate Emergency Preparedness Table Top Exercises
- Review After Action Reports prepared upon completion of Exercises or Incidents
Ellie has her CPA license from New York and Massachusetts. She is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA) and is admitted to the New York State and Massachusetts Bar.
Ellie received her JD from Suffolk University Law School and her LLM in Taxation from Boston University Law School. In addition, she is certified in the National Incident Management System (NIMS) through FEMA.